Print on demand sites are an alternative, more cost-effective way of printing contrary to bulk (wholesale) ordering. Usually, there are no minimums for products you need to order.
Different from companies that print products in bulk, print on demand sites allows you to purchase or sell custom products with no investment. You can print shirts and other clothing, posters, mugs, leggings, and POD sites.
Print on demand in combination with dropshipping has become a number one solution for a wide spectrum of customers. Usually, all sites allow you to set up your own profit margins and earn on retail sales.
- For artists and designers: Either your an artist, graphic designer or a cartoonist, with print on demand sites you can monetize your art. You can upload your art on products and publish them to the marketplace or an online store.
- For celebrities: Selling merch has become the trend for celebrities a long time ago. However, with POD sites now each YouTube star can create their own apparel line.
- For fundraising: Cause marketing is suitable for this business model as well. Setting up a t-shirt campaign has never been easier before.
- For Consumers: Last but not least – with print on demand sites you can quickly create an order customized products. It can be a personalized gift to your friends, or a custom swag for yourself – because who doesn’t want something unique in their wardrobe?
- An alternative to Merch by Amazon (MBA): Print on demand websites are is a great way to make your merch without waiting to accepted by Amazon. Furthermore, better pricing and product catalogs are available.
So let’s compare top print on demand sites below.
Printful is the one print on demand site that easily integrates with more than 10 e-commerce platforms. You can easily sell your art on Shopify, Etsy, Amazon, eBay and more. Printful has been in business since 2013 and is one of the top players in the POD industry.
You can add your design to more than 200 different products. Besides print on demand Printful also offers Warehousing and Fulfillment service alternative to FBA (Fulfillment by Amazon).
- In-house fulfillment. With in-house fulfillment, you can have more branding options, control of the quality and consistent printing results for all of your products
- Fulfillment centers in the US and Europe. Printful ships products worldwide, however, customers from the US and Europe will receive their packages quicker and with zero worries about import fees
- User-friendly interface. Printful has a great design and very easy to use interface. With Printful you’ll be getting extra services like design, video services, product personalization feature and other
Printifiy is a print on demand marketplace that connects you with large print networks, such as T-shirts and Sons, Artgun and others. This allows you to get the best pricing for custom printed products.
Selling art online may encounter problems like sourcing and fulfillment, shipping, product designing. Luckily, Printify takes care of all of these issues with all-in-one integrations with the most popular e-commerce platforms. We have a full Printify review, however, below are some highlights.
- Streamlined Fulfillment. Printify will handle your order fulfillment and you can focus on growing your brand meanwhile. Create products, publish products to your store, and when a sale happens, Printify will do the rest
- Production Network. Printify allows you to freely choose between the printing partners to work with. Choose based on – pricing, product lineup, or fulfillment location
- Integrations with e-commerce platforms. Printify is integrated with multiple platforms such as Shopify, Etsy, and Woocommerce. You can choose one or multiple platforms that best matches your business and personal needs and start selling
Society6 allows you to sell a set of different products, from mobile phone cases to t-shirts, to pillow cases, and more. Artists across the world can design and sell their art. The niche area for Society6 is artistic prints.
- Marketing campaigns. Society6 runs different marketing campaigns that can boost your sales
- Copyrights. As a seller, you still retain all the rights to the design
- Easy to set up and use.
Another marketplace to list your products on. Zazzle has the same pricing structure as other print on demand websites.
You can create more than 1300 different product variations. Zazzle gets around 30M visitor hits each month.
With Zazzle, you can print t-shirts, buttons, tote bags, mugs, stickers, business cards, kid clothing and more.
- A wide selection of products. Probably one of the largest product lineups out there
- High traffic. Zazzle has a lot of organic visitors. This can help you to build your brand with less investment in paid marketing
- Onboarding tips. Zazzle provides you with tutorials and tips to improve your brand and product
Like Zazzle, Redbubble puts your art on t-shirts, hoodies, notebooks and posters — and a wide selection of other products. Redbubble print on demand site gives artists the freedom to set markup for each product they sell. Other e-commerce art sites sometimes restrict this ability in order to keeps prices down.
- Worldwide fulfillment centers. Redbubble has fulfillment centers worldwide. This will mean that most of your customers won’t need to worry about customs fees
- A wide selection of niche products. Redbubble has different products that you won’t find among other print on demand sites, like duvet covers
- Monthly payments. You get paid 7th-10th each month the royalties
Teelaunch is another print on demand site that easily integrates with Shopify. It is a great alternative for Printful or Printify. Their product prices for specific products are unbeatable. Print on demand pricing structure allows you to start your store with no investment.
- Mugs fulfillment. Probably the best solution quality+price if you’re interested in selling custom mugs
- One click install integration with Shopify. Easy to use print on demand site
- Easy to use interface. Teelaunch is free to sign up and easy to use
Alternatively Printful or Printful, Tesspring is an online marketplace. Meaning that you don’t need to set up and integrate your store elsewhere. You can create and sell products directly on Teespring and collect the profit from each sale.
- Marketplace visibility. Selling on a marketplace is a great way to start your brand. Marketplaces have a large visitor base and your products can be better noticed
- No monthly fees. To sell art you won’t need to pay monthly fees, as you would if, for example, you would choose to host your store on Shopify or Etsy
- Great profit margins. Teespring has good pricing and you can get extra profits on your products
Scalable Press is one of the oldest players in the print on demand field. With the in-house fulfillment and the experience in the business, they’re able to provide you with the best pricing for t-shirts, embroidery and
- Easy to set up. Instant Shopify e-commerce integration is available.
- Best pricing. T-shirt, posters, and embroidery has the best prices among other Shopify POD apps
- Screen printing available. Scalable Press offer even better pricing if you’re ordering in bulk
Gooten is another print on demand marketplace that connects you with large print networks. Because of this, their product lineup is way more diverse than Scalable Press’ or Printful’s. From t-shirts to coffee coasters, magnets, calendars and much more.
- A wide selection of products. Products ship from different suppliers across the globe
- Fixed shipping prices. Fixed pricing on your print on demand orders
- Extra print placements. You can print front and back, on sleeves of the shirts
Printaura is also one of the oldest players in the print on demand market. While a little bit pricier than others, and with a less intuitive user interface, Printaura offers some features no other site does.
- Branding. You can add custom inside labels, hang tags, customize packing slips or even send your own packaging materials to Printaura
- Embroidery on demand. Printaura offers embroidery on demand contrary to many print on demand sites
- Integrations with e-commerce platforms. You can integrate Shopify, WooCommerce, Storenvy, Opencart and other platforms with Printaura